CLIENT: Tradewinds LOCATION: 125 Wood Street, 7th Floor, London EC2V 7AN BUSINESS: Print and New Media publisher PROJECT: 4873 FT² (1109 M²), 69 staff, Relocation
• Having selected 125 Wood Street as their preferred building, Workspace provided full support for the landlord approvals process, working closely with the landlord and their consultant to get the designs approved.
• Although mainly open plan, careful design of the cellular spaces was required in order to coordinate with the chilled beam air conditioning system above the ceiling.
• Two sound-proofed meeting rooms were provided, along with a kitchen / breakout space, facilities area and comms room.
• A glass dividing wall with feature graphics was also installed to delineate a separate area for MyNewsDesk – another of the separate companies within NHST Group.
• Workbench style desking was supplied by K+N for the open plan areas, with height adjustable desks for specific users. Black and white task chairs from Interstuhl completed the clean, modern look with splashes of colour being introduced into the soft seating.
TESTIMONIAL “We had used Workspace for our previous move in 2011 from Shoe Lane to Farringdon Street, it was our first cooperation and we were very satisfied with the whole project and after sale service. When it was decided that it was time to move again, the team at Workspace naturally came to mind.
This was a very tight project, only 6 weeks between giving Workspace the contract and the moving-in date, an empty floor in an empty building, so nothing tried or tested. Paul Judd, the Workspace Design Director, was ready with plans for us as soon as we got the go-ahead and Alex Pollock, Project Manager took charge of the schedule and works. We had regular site meetings and felt part of the project from conception – visiting furniture showrooms with James, changing layout plans with Paul, to development; numerous regular site meetings with Alex and Paul to completion, all on schedule. We were always consulted when changes were made and never felt uneasy when we changed our mind or wanted to run through different layout scenarios, even at a late stage. We were always listened to.
If you are looking for an efficient and professional team to fit-out your new office with a personal touch, one able to go that extra mile, (even after the work is technically finished), I could not think of a better team to recommend than Workspace.” Chantal Perkins, Tradewinds